Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Where Did the Bugs Go?

 I stopped watching TV back in the mid 70's when I began spending a lot of time in my "darkroom" developing film and printing pictures. Photography has always been a "close second" to radio as far as my hobbies are concerned.

One thing you can't do in a darkroom...is turn on a TV set.  If you do, the dark goes away.

Film, of course finally did go away, and so did my darkroom, but I never bothered to turn the TV set back on again. 

I've lived happily ever after since. So far, so good.

However, there is one downside: if  something happens that isn't mentioned on the radio or the Internet, then I know nothing about it.  For example,surely I'm not the only one who noticed that there were no bugs this summer. I'm talking about insects. Darned if I don't think I saw even one all summer!

I don't really miss them, but if I remember correctly, we were once taught that little creatures like Bees, butterflies, fireflies, mosquitoes and ticks are the small creatures that hold up entire ecosystems? 


We might really miss the those.

Bug scientists have noticed for years that the firefly population has declined, but they attribute this to the proliferation of more lights that disrupt their communication with other fireflies. But that is only a theory.

I don't have any idea, unless all the bugs, like more and more of our liberal friends are moving down to the Red States like North Carolina and unfortunately bringing their voting habits with them.
Let me know if they ( the bugs) showed up down there this summer.

-Ed

Albert Einstein once said: “If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live. No more bees, no more pollination … no more men!” 

If all the insects were to disappear from the earth, within 50 years all life on earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.”

-Dr Jonas Salk





No comments:

Post a Comment